The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry.
Yeah, I bet you're not counting on me for help with your Thanksgiving menu anymore, huh? I had such great plans! So many tasty recipes to try!
But this month has been just stinky. I've been sick. My kids have been sick. My husband has been working 60+ hours a week. It's just been a November to forget.
And chronic nausea makes it a bit hard to want to try new recipes.
BUT, I do have one to share with you today! However, when I went to look at my pictures, they all turned out blurry. Typical of this month.
When I was pregnant, I pretty much survived off of canned green beans with bacon. I ate it almost every single day.
And, surprisingly, I still love green beans! This recipe is amazing. My husband and I have had to arm wrestle for the right to finish off the bowl. (Not really, B would definitely win, but there have been no leftovers!)
Although this recipe has a lot of the same ingredients as my bacon and pepita salad, the end result is completely different.
Even without a picture, definitely give this one a try!
Click the read more below for the recipe.
Maple Dijon Green Beans
basic concept from this recipe
- 1 lb fresh green beans, snapped in half
- 4 pieces of bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons oil (I use sunflower oil)
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil
- While water is coming to a boil, in a small bowl combine balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, salt, and pepper. Set aside
- Blanch green beans in boiling water for 2 minutes
- Drain green beans and set aside
- In large sauté pan, heat oil
- Add bacon to hot oil. Cook until bacon is mostly crispy and done
- Add almonds to bacon and sauté until golden
- Add green beans and stir to heat thoroughly.
- Toss with maple syrup mixture and serve immediately!
I am sorry to hear that is has been a super rough month. I am excited to try the recipes you have posted! I hope your sweet family recovers and stays well.ReplyDelete