Be Thou My Vision
written by Dallán Forgail
- High King of Heaven, my victory won,
- May I reach heaven's joys, O bright heav'ns Son
- Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
- Still be my vision, O Ruler of all."
- Like the hymn last week, "Be Thou My Vision" was not originally written in English. It was originally written in Old Irish. In the 6th century. It is amazing to me that this wonderful and meaningful hymn has been encouraging and blessing believers for 15 centuries!
- But my eyes are upon You, O God the Lord;
- In You I take refuge;
- Do not leave my soul destitute.
- Psalm 141:8