I found the recipe I would like to share today on the 'net - it is brilliant!
I love that I had everything on hand for it, and I love that it is done in the oven. No frying - which is always a plus for this calorie counter. And by calorie counter, I mean that I would rather waste my calories on sugary treats than deep fried treats.
I also like that everything is mixed together like a paste - super easy! It was not too spicy - my 20 mos. old ate it.
Click the read more below to find the recipe for Brown Sugar Chicken Wings and Dipping Sauce!
Baked Brown Sugar Chicken Wings with Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup roasted red pepper
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with foil
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and olive oil
- Add chicken and stir to coat
- Place wings onto baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through
- For dipping sauce, combine red pepper, goat cheese, and sour cream and blend with immersion blender (or food processor - whatever you have!)
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
My own changes - I made a couple changes to the above recipe - I used tenders instead of wings. I am not a fan of chicken wings, and tenders worked out great! I also didn't have a red pepper or goat cheese on hand, so I used a green bell pepper that I roasted in the oven and cream cheese. It was tasty! Next time I will probably use a red pepper for the flavor, and light cream cheese and Greek yogurt.